BEWARE OF SCAMS!
Here is some helpful information to beware of when you are looking to purchase a sphynx. Scams are everywhere now a days! I have heard stories from customers who have been scammed and unfortunately it happens way too often.
1. An example of scam ads and websites is that they offer limited options of communication. you will be asked to text or email only. Phone numbers used are from text apps etc. Phone numbers are not linked to an actual website or person. you may also find multiple grammar and spelling mistakes, sentences that seem off or to not make complete sense. Beware their are entire websites that almost look legitimate, just look for the signs of red flags its not too hard to spot if you think about it! Trust your gut instinct!
2. Is the cattery registered with any reputable Cat registries such as TICA The International Cat Association or CFA The Cat Fanciers Association? What is the registered owners name for that cattery?
You should be able to find this information on the cat registries website! We are registered with TICA, CFA, TCA and REFR. We are also able to send you a picture of the kitten you choose to reserve with a paper next to the kitten that has your full name written and the date etc., to prove we have the kitten!
2. scammers will typically ask you to send money using insecure methods such as wire transfers, gift cards, cash apps etc. You will have no way to make a claim incase of a scam. You should be able to pay using secure methods of payment like PayPal. Also anyone or website asking for your social security number or personal account information is a red flag.
3. Scammers do not offer a health guarantee, put pressure on you to purchase with urgency and may offer you discounts to act fast. They use stolen pictures and cannot provide you with videos or pictures with specific items requested next to the kitten as proof etc. scammers also will not have references you can speak to.
4. Deals of a lifetime! Of course scammers will offer you sphynx kittens for $350, $400, $500, $600 and $700 are the most typical. Then you will discover you must pay a separate shipping cost too, you will Never receive any kitten that's a guarantee. Deals and cheap kittens are always a scam. You may see the cutest photos and be excited to have a sphynx for this price, it will Not happen. Don't be fooled.
These are only a few ways scammers are working hard to rip you off! If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Think carefully and do your research before making a mistake. We are here to help and if you need any advice feel free to ask us!